I am pleased to announce that the "Best Automotive Textbook Ever, Just Got Better". The new sixth edition of Automotive Technology will be available later this month. Here are the features of the new edition:
* The number of chapters have been increased from 130 to 136 making it easier to select the exact content to study or teach. The new chapters include:
* Chapter 58 - Safety, Comfort and Convenience Accessories
* Chapter 59 - Security and Immobilizer Systems.
* Chapter 61 -Autonomous Vehicles- Operation and Service Procedures.
* Chapter 64- Air Management System.
* Two new chapters were added under the hybrid vehicle section titled Hybrid High-Voltage Batteries (Chapter 92) and Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (Chapter 93)
* The chapter on power steering was expanded and then split into two chapters Hydraulic Power Steering Systems (Chapter 122) and Electric Power Steering Systems (Chapter 123)
* A new chapter titled Vibration and Noise Diagnosis and Correction (Chapter 132) was added in response to instructor requests.
* Over 200 new full-color photos and line drawings to make the subject come alive.
* Updated throughout and correlated to the latest ASE tasks.
* New Case Studies included in this edition that includes the "three Cs" (Complaint, Cause and Correction).